Comment on page
Policies & Rules
The Policies & Rules section is where Documents and their Entries are created, defined, and administered via the UI.
Curiefense processes incoming requests according to this traffic flow:
- Each incoming request is inspected, and tags are assigned to it. For example, if the request's IP was found on the Spamhaus DROP list, it could be assigned a "spamhaus" tag. Some tags are generated automatically, while others are user-defined. (Read more about tags.)
- Next, Rate Limits are enforced.
- Then, Session Flow Control is enforced.
- Next, Curiefense determines the security ruleset(s) that have been assigned to the request's target URL, and which match the tags. For example, there might be a ruleset defined for the "spamhaus" tag, or for the "devops" tag.
- Curiefense then enforces the ruleset(s), and takes the defined Action(s). For example, "block requests from Spamhaus-listed IPs", or "bypass devops requests from further filtering."
This process is based on the Documents as follows:
This page is divided into three vertical sections. From top to bottom, they are:
- Entry editing
Each is discussed below.
The top section contains a toolbar with input controls. On the left, there are these:
- Configuration pulldown: Selects the branch/configuration for editing.
- Document pulldown: Selects the Document to display for editing.
- Download button: Downloads the currently displayed parameters.
On the right are these:
- Entry pulldown: Selects the Entry (the ruleset) that is being displayed for editing.
- Duplicate button: Makes a copy of the currently displayed Entry.
- Add button: Creates a new Entry of the currently selected type.
- Save button: Saves all changes that were made since the last Save action.
- Delete button. Deletes the currently selected Entry.
The UI in this section will vary, depending on the type of Document being edited. Each is discussed in more depth here:
At the bottom of this section, the URL of the current entry is shown in gray. It reflects the structure of the data.
- The current Configuration (or branch) is devops.
- The current Document is urlmaps.
- The current Entry is __default__.
The bottom section of this page shows a history of versions for this Document.
To revert this Document to a previous version, hover the cursor over the end of its listing. As shown above, a button will appear; selecting it will restore that version.